posted on 26 September 2017 at 11:07 am by Claire
Personalisation team manager
Want to be part of the Lisa Angel team? We have an exciting opportunity for a manager to lead our jewellery and homeware personalisation team where you will deal with up to 2000 personalisation orders per day.
Standard hours will be 40pw, including evenings and weekends, increasing to 50+ depending on the time of year.
You must have your own transport as you will be based at our website HQ in Rackheath, 6 miles out of Norwich.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Main responsibilities will be…
– Managing and motivating a team of up to 20 staff members to ensure efficiency and maximum output.
– Liaising with the merchandiser to manage stock levels, making key decisions about stock control.
– Dealing with staffing including interviewing potential staff, holidays, staff rotas, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organising training and development.
– Liaising with suppliers.
– Liaising with the buyers with regards to sourcing new components and making new designs.
– Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
– Reacting to customer feedback to ensure our products meet expectations.
– Monitoring production areas regularly, talking to colleagues to identify issues and resolve them.
– Identifying new personalisation opportunities.
You will have the following attributes…
– The ability to lead and motivate a team.
– Good attention to detail.
– A friendly and engaging personality.
– A strong commitment to customer service and quality.
– A confident manner.
– Be confident with computers including the use of photoshop and illustrator.
– Be comfortable using equipment such as engraving machines etc.
– Be reliable and trustworthy.
– Be flexible and adaptable.
To apply, please email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is required for all applications. Tell us why you want to work with us!
posted on 14 June 2017 at 12:20 pm by Lauren Carmel
Summer is here and festival season is well and truly upon us! With the big festivals like Bestival, V Fest, Reading and Leeds, and Glastonbury creeping closer, it’s about time we get stuck into organising ourselves for these fabulous weekends of live entertainment.
We here at Lisa Angel have put our heads together and come up with a list of 10 tips and tricks for camping, some gorgeous must-have festival gear trends and a printable packing checklist just for you guys. So if you’re lucky enough to be going away for a dance-filled weekend of music and more, and you’re wondering what to take to a festival, then read on and make sure you’re all set this season!
10 Festival Camping Tips
Too excited to organise your thoughts? Make sure you’ve considered our following ten tips when getting ready for you weekend of fun…
1. Use pop up tents! Easy to put up, easy to carry around, no annoying metal poles, and can be found super cheap online.
2. Bring a mallet. You don’t know what kind of ground you’ll be setting up on, and a mallet with save your hands from pushing tent pegs into the ground!
3. Don’t camp at the bottom of a hill or slope, unless you fancy sleeping in a puddle all weekend.
4. Bring a flag or bunting or something to identify your tent with! After a night of dancing, it may be a little trickier to find your tent than it was in the daytime…
5. Bring snacks! Food is super expensive at festivals, so stock up on breakfast bars, biscuits, and anything else that comes wrapped and doesn’t need to be kept cool. Your tum will thank you!
6. Wet wipes and hand sanitiser will become your best friends, so make sure to pack enough to last. A lot of festivals have showers, but if you’re not feeling the public shower cubicles then those wipes will come in very handy.
7. Bring a travel case. You’ll want to bring your boho jewellery, so bring a case to keep it in and stop it tangling and getting lost! The compact Stackers Travel Case is perfect for this sort of thing.
8. If you’d actually like the get some sleep, then ear plugs and eye masks are saviours when camping at a festival.
9. Bring a battery pack for your phone! There are usually charging stations but who can be bothered to wait around at one of those? These shiny Ban.Do Battery Packs fit right in with the festival vibe.
10. Don’t bring any valuables. Seriously, don’t take anything that you’d be heartbroken if lost or damaged (that means no expensive cameras or designer shoes… trust us). Pack cheap and cheerful for a stress-free trip!
This year’s festival fashion vibes are full anything and everything in the on-trend off the shoulder bardot style, gorgeous crocheted dresses and playsuits, gingham patterns (we love gingham), and frills, lots of frills. You can find all of these must-have styles in every high street store at the moment, so get out there and get in on these fabulous festival looks if you’re stuck on what to wear to a festival.
This year the festival hair looks are better than ever before; braids with glittered ends and partings will add some serious style points to your festival wear and can be paired with your shiniest hoop earrings to complete the look.
Octagonal Hoop Earrings, £12 | Half Hoop Earrings, £12
Long boho necklaces and small layered pendant pieces create the perfect festival accessory vibe, so stock up on bohemian colours like turquoise, orange, red and gold when it comes to your festival jewellery.
Dreamcatcher Necklace, £22 | Opal Necklace, £22 | Dreamcatcher Bracelet £22 | Twisted Hoop Earrings, £12 | Turquoise Shard Necklace, £16 | Chevron Bangle, £16
Festival Packing Checklist
Have no fear, Lisa Angel is here to save you from the last minute panic of festival packing! Take a look through our festival essentials list and print one off for yourself to make sure you don’t miss any festival camping essentials.
- Your festival outfits (t-shirts, shorts, dresses, playsuits, a jacket, trainers, etc). Aim for lightweight stuff to reduce the weight of the bag you’ll be lugging around!
- Wellies and a raincoat or poncho in case it rains (let’s face it; if it’s in the UK it’ll probably rain).
- A hat or cap (great for weather and great for covering messy festival hair).
- Comfy light pyjamas.
- Socks and underwear!
- A tent. Guys, do not forget your tent.
- A mallet (pushing tent pegs in by hand can hurt).
- A sleeping bag.
- A foil blanket (super cheap and super handy if you get chilly).
- A blow up pillow (aeroplane pillows actually work great if you’re saving space).
- A ground mat (if you’ve got room, these will save your back during the nights).
- Bin bags. They have a multitude of uses!
- Sleeping mask and ear plugs if you want some rest.
Good Night Sleep Tight Kit, £25
- Mini toothpaste and mini toothbrush.
- Lots and lots of wet wipes.
- Hand sanitiser.
- A mini first aid kit (you’ll be grateful for this if you suffer any blisters or bites).
- Any medication you need, along with paracetamol for any adult headaches you may get…
- Sanitary stuff. Better safe than sorry!
- A hairbrush and hair ties.
- Dry shampoo.
- Sun cream!
- A towel (if you’re planning on showering or just need to dry off from the rain).
- Make up (pack only your essentials; chances are you won’t wear much of it and you don’t want to lose your nice stuff!).
- Your ticket!
- Money, duh.
- ID (don’t let a lack of identification ruin your trip).
- A phone charge pack (don’t waste precious time hanging around a charging station).
- Disposable cameras. Seriously, these are so much more fun than a digital camera.
- A hipflask (small and easy to carry around).
- Glitter. Yes, this is on the important stuff list. Obviously.
Ban.Do Phone Charging Pack, £28 | Constellation Hip Flask, £12
So now you’re on your way to being a packing professional, all that’s left is to actually pack… and that’s part of the festival fun, right? We hope our festival tips have helped you out, and from us all here at Lisa Angel we wish you the most exciting festival season yet!
Your very own festival checklist is below for you to print off and use at home, drawn up by our fab design team. Don’t forget to tag our instagram or facebook in any of your Lisa Angel festival looks photos; we can’t wait to see them!
posted on 9 June 2017 at 12:29 pm by Emily Smith
Thank you so much to everyone who bought a scarf to support this fab charity! Please note, our donation period with CatChums has now ended, but we hope to work with more charities in future!
We here at Lisa Angel have teamed up with lovely local charity CatChums to bring to you a gorgeous illustrated cat scarf to help support the cats and kittens they currently have housed at their centre. £5 of the proceeds from each Lisa Angel designed cat scarf sold go back into funding CatChums and all of the wonderful work they do.
Who are CatChums?
CatChums are a locally based charity who support the area of Norwich and Norfolk with cat rescue and rehoming. Trustees Trish and Marion came together back in 2009 after discovering the lack of rescue groups in the local area and launched CatChums in 2010. Love and care is their priority, working around the clock to care for the cats and kittens in their centre; they managed to raise and rehome a staggering 333 cats last year into loving new homes. Making sure all cats are neutered and vaccinated before finding their forever homes is a must, and it costs approximately £119 for treatment on a male cat and £140 for treatment on a female cat for the time they are in CatChums care, so support from the local community is vital, often partaking in fates and car boots to raise funds and give the cats the attention they need.
Adopt Don’t Shop
We are supporting CatChums and the amazing work they carry out because we believe no animal should go unloved. ‘Adopt don’t shop’ has never been more important, and unfortunately this year we will see more and more little ones popping up at rescue centres all over the country. Here are just a few reason why, if you are looking for a companion, you should choose adoption!
7 Reasons Why You Should Adopt
- The cats are often spayed and neutered before rehoming – keeping costs down and meaning they are ready when you are. CatChums even offer 4 weeks free insurance!
- Shelter staff are trustworthy and will not lead you astray- you know you are making a commitment that is right for both you and the cat.
- Rescue cats come in all shapes, sizes and personalities. Finding the perfect companion couldn’t be easier.
- Rescue cats are far more appreciative for having found a safe home – you’ll be loved forever!
- Don’t support animal cruelty and other ways of breeding and people who think cats are cash – we already have too many lonely animals without homes in this world.
- With only a small £40 (kitten) or £60 (adult) adoption fee you will be showing your support for local registered charities.
- You’ll feel better having known you have potentially saved a life and kept a cat or kitten safe.
Our wonderful in-house illustrated cat scarf is a small way of showing our support for the amazing work they do and for the cats in their care, and with your help we will be donating £5 from the sale of each scarf to help keep more cats and kittens safe (and receive lots of cuddles!) until they find their forever home.
You can even choose our personalised cat scarf that is finished with a white vinyl name and paw print by our in-house creative team for an additional £5 to show your love for your own furry friend!
If you still havent got enough of our lovely cat products, then shop our other cat related jewellery and accessories!
If you would like to also donate directly to the CatChums charity then please do so via their Paypal page – thank you!
posted on 2 June 2017 at 10:45 am by Kate
Father’s Day is fast approaching (how is it already June!), and if you’re anything like us at Lisa Angel then you’re sat desperately scouring the web while thinking ‘what do I get dad this year?’ But have no fear! We’ve come up with a solution to fix the confusion over what Father’s Day gifts you should be getting.
Say hello to our Dad Type quiz! We’ve captured all of our dads’ personalities and come up with this handy quiz to help you narrow down exactly what type of dad yours is, and what gifts he’d love this June 18th.
So, is your dad a Style Savvy Dad, a Big Kid, an Outdoorsy Dad or a Drinks Connoisseur? Answer the questions below and find out…